Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year 2011 Health and Fitness Habit #1: Water

I hope everyone is off to a great 2011.  Looking back on 2010 there were a lot of great things to be thankful for and highlights that I will always remember.  Looking back, participating in the Vancouver Olympics,  starting my own chiropractic practice here in Grand Rapids, MI,  celebrating my first year of being married, getting to visit Seattle and see family and friends, becoming an uncle, and being healthy, to name a few.  It made the year fly by, at times, I forgot to keep up a few fundamental healthy habits.

One of the things I plan on doing with the blog in 2011is to find simple fitness and health habits that I (you too if you want) commit to.  One at a time.  They say it takes 21 days for a habit to become engrained.

 I haven't quite figured out how often I will post them, but it will be more frequently then every 21 days.  I'm thinking once a week or ten days.  At the end of this 2011 hopefully I (and you) have made close to 40 small habits that have added up to big things.

Habit number 1:  DRINK MORE WATER.  Now get specific.  I will get 80 oz of water a day.  I will start the day with a glass of cold water.  Get some lemon juice to help it go down easier if you must.  But no Crystal Light, nothing but water and lemon is allowed.  You don't have to replace other drinks.  You just have to add pure water.

The number of things that your body needs water for in terms of health is to numerous to mention.  It's right after oxygen in terms of things you need in the hierarchy of bodily needs.

Go drink water.

No comments: