Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fear of Change

"Your life does not get better by chance, it get's better by change."
Jim Rohn

I had coffee with a friend the other day and he noticed that I had finally switched to a new phone.  A few months ago I had finally pulled the trigger from being an iphone guy to my current phone the Samsung Note 3.

Now, backstory, I'm what you call an Apple Fanboy.  I love their products.  My office is set up with Apple computers and Mac software.  After a bad Blackberry experience and a great iphone experience I could never imagine having another phone.  Routine.

Until one day it didn't meet my expectations.  It still did everything I had ever originally wanted from it.  The problem was my own expectations were starting to change.  My usage had changed.  Wanting Change.

I had uncertainty because I had such great experiences with the iphone(history) even though it no longer met my current desires.  Being stuck with a phone I was unhappy with for two years was always in the back of my mind.  Fear of repurcussions.

Finally, I just leapt and switched.  Nothing changes without action.  The first being willing to let go of a good experience for the chance for a great one.  Action.

Being willing to learn again is also a must.  I had the iphone tips, tricks and apps down so much it was like muscle memory with my thumbs.  The Samsung had a big learning curve.  I had to relearn the basics and then get into the cool stuff.  Sometimes this is frustrating.  Growth.

Two months in,  I couldn't be happier with my decision.  I'm reading more, having a more enjoyable experience with videos and online seminars.   Reward.

If you read this and think that this was just about a phone, you missed the point.  

No comments: