Monday, June 2, 2014

A Case for Indian Clubs

I first heard of Indian Clubs when I was in Chiro School over 10 years ago.  I purchased a pair from a collector.  1896 Spaulding 2lb clubs.  The history of the club is pretty interesting.  You can find them being used in the military and in schools over 150 years ago.

Originally used in India, the British Military started to use them and the trend was carried over to the US.

Charlie Weingroff describes them as a relaxed movement.  Much of what we do is braced or high tension.

Shoulder mobility, body coordination and grip are just a few of the highlights that can be gained by playing with the Indian Clubs.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JkFtaw9LB6I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Photo of my dog Rocco and my 2lb clubs.


No comments: