Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Where Can You Get Better

It's an interesting concept to improve your craft from someone or something that doesn't have anything to do with your craft.  How does a musician train?  If I was an Ironman athlete, what could I learn from them?

If I was a teacher, what can I learn from a personal trainer.  You get the idea, how can something outside of your box, influence and improve your outcomes.  Something to think about.  I just read an article about the Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly.  He brings in academics that have nothing to do with sports and ask them how he can produce a better football team.

He's looking to learn maybe one sentence or one idea that can help him and the organization be better.  This article from the Wall Street Journal "Kelly Secret Coaches," talks about this process.  Explore interests that have nothing to do with your profession, I bet you will be able to cull a few nuggets of wisdom and perspective that will help with your profession.

No comments: